Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fantasy Creatures swap arrived :)






I received my swap box from the Fantasy Creatures swap, part of The Odd Duck Swap group on Ravelry. Oh, my, such a box!!

First, a book - about a fairy called Prilla, who arrives in NeverLand quite unaware of what her talent might be, and of how large an impact her unknown talent is going to have on a place that is beloved by many of us.

Then there's a hand-crafted fairy - dressed in crocheted entrelac, and done in my favorite autumn colors, she sports one of the last sunflowers of the summer. Also included were 2 flowers pens - one with a sunflower, one with an eggplant purple spider dahlia.

Then there's the dragon rubber stamp - I had to laugh ... I found this stamp years ago & bought one ... then the next time I saw it, I couldn't remember if I'd purchased one or not, so I bought a 2nd one ........ now I have 3 of them! Just below the dragon is the phoenix charm that was tied to the box of stitch markers - appropriately called 'tears of the phoenix' and shown just below the charm.

Then comes my very favorite part of the box.... TWO balls of hand spun yarn! Described as 'hand spun unicorn mane', one ball is in soft shades of brown, the other in soft shades of greens & browns. Both have a strand of gold sparkle spun with them. They are lovely, lovely, lovely!! I'm not sure what I'll make with them ... but it will be something very special!!

Also shown in the picture is my 'dragon's egg' ... a bath ball that I must put in hot water to 'hear it sing' ... which I'm sure is going to be quite an adventure! LOL

No comments: