Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thistle Shawl


This shawl was actually knitted several years ago .... back in the dark ages when there wasn't such a thing as blogs on every corner ::grins::

I'll try to clean up the photo and get just the patterned area. If I can, I'll edit this post and include the new image.

The pattern came from a knitting book (hardcover, but please don't ask me the name of it ... I can no longer remember) that I was browsing in a library. The pattern was for a coat, and the stylized thistle pattern was repeated several times on the body of the coat, done in stranded color work. I chose to knit a triangular shawl and use the pattern just once using duplicate stitch. The shawl was done in worsted weight acrylic yarn and the pattern was done in leftover colors from other projects.

No comments: