Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hogwarts Sock Swap 5

We went to Springfield yesterday for a medical appointment for DH. Decided to spend the day in the 'big city' (well, compared to where we live, it is! ::grins::)

One of our stops was Michael's Crafts. Gods, I miss being able to just drop into that place!!! Found this HUGE ceramic mug ... it had to hold a quart!! .... and was *so* tempted to get it and find a way to put the Hogwarts crest and the Gryffindor lion on it! But as DH pointed out, not only would we have to find a way to mail it safely, but it would cost nearly as much to mail as it would to purchase it to start with. ::sighs:: well, he was right (annoying isn't it?) so we wandered some more.

And I found the *perfect* item for this swap! No, not yarn (my socks are finished! glory be!!) .... altho Michael's is getting a new yarn dept (at least at the store we visited) and they even had some wool yarn in fingering weight. Not in the color I was actually looking for, but they did have some and hopefully will have a wider selection when they finish the new yarn dept.

And no ... .I'm not telling what I found. I'll post pictures after it's mailed out, but meanwhile, nope, not telling.

No comments: