Saturday, November 14, 2009


These were created for an ornament swap .... the patterns were intended for scroll sawing but I chose to try doing them in card stock with glitter. Some of the card stock is foil covered.

It's much harder to use these patterns for paper crafting than it would be for scrolling, believe it or not. What would be easy on my saw .... drill a hole, put my blade in, quick cut, I'm done! .... is not nearly so easy when using an Xacto blade and paper stock. The blade, no matter how sharp, doesn't cut as easily as my saw blade does ... the paper seems to resist cutting in the direction I want to cut (especially around curves .... and these ornaments are *all* curves!!!) ...... but should the blade slip and cut a straight line where I don't *want* a straight line ..... and it cuts just fine ::sigh::

I did the 12 days of Christmas first, then found the lovely foil card stock when we had a chance to go to the 'big city' (Springfield MO), so just had to add some extra ornaments to the collection so I could use some of it!

And then I discovered that the foil card stock, lovely as it is .... doesn't take well to having things glued to it. The back is plain paper, so it glues *to* something else quite nicely. But for a couple of the ornaments I wanted the foil as the background .... I finally found that 'monkey glue' (clear Gorilla super glue) will do the job. I've never needed Super Glue on paper before!

I had fun creating these .... I hope the (unnamed) recipient will enjoy using them for years to come.

1 comment:

Lisa's Lair said...

Wow!! These are beautiful, amazing!! You really have done a great job!!