Thursday, November 26, 2009

Mini socks, again ......



Okay ... .so I'm addicted to mini socks ..... you can blame it all on Meggles! ::grin:: See ... I test knit for her (one of the best things to happen to me this year .... ) ...... so I get lots of kewl things to try out & patterns to see before everyone else does .......

Anyhow, it sort of bit me in the ..... well, you know where .... and I find myself picking up my size 0 or 00 needles & a bit of yarn to knit a mini sock when I need to chill out ..... so here are the two I did the past couple of nights ....

The one with the soft, muted tones is knit from a Red Heart worsted weight yarn that I split. The yarn is 4ply & I split it into 2 2-ply strands ... gave me just enough to make my mini sock. I really love the colors & I had so little of it left over that I barely managed my little sock.

The other sock .... well, it's a personal pattern right now. See, I have a mini skein of this really kewl yarn in shades of green & teal with some yellow in it. The color stripes aren't really very long and when I began a normal mini sock with it, the colors didn't have time to make any sort of pattern so they ended up looking all muddled. Which I didn't like. And I wondered, you know, if maybe the yarn might look better if the rows were longer. So I wondered if I might be able to figure out how to knit a sock sideways. Yep, sideways. This is the result of the first attempt. Hopefully, with some help, this can become a 'real' pattern that can eventually be shared ........

No comments: