1. Who is the author of the books prescribed for Defense Against the Dark Arts? Quentin Trimble
2. When conjuring a Patronus, the user is supposed to produce what type of thought? Happy
3. Who was the teacher of Defense Against the Dark Arts in Tom Riddle’s time? Galatea Merrythought
4. Which Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is an accomplished Occlumens? Severus Snape
5. Which of these spells is the Full Body-bind Curse? Petrificus Totalus
6. Lord Voldemort used Avada Kedavra on Harry Potter in the Little Hangleton graveyard. But another spell used by Harry at the same time caused the Priori Incantatem effect. Which spell did Harry use? Expelliarmus
7. Which of the following can the Unforgivable Curse not do? Make parts of the body fall off
8. Which kind of people are known to use Unforgivable Curses very commonly? Death Eaters
9. One of the Horcruxes was a ring. Whom did the ring belong to? Marvolo Gaunt
10. The creation of a Horcrux requires: Killing someone
Name the 3 Unforgiveable Curses. Describe how to cast each and the effects of each curse. Why are they unforgiveable and what will happen to the person who cast them?
The Unforgiveable Curses all cause great harm to the person affected. The harm may be emotional damage, physical pain or death, depending on the curse. Using any of these curses, if caught, will result in life-long impresonment in Azkaban.
While someone with great magical abilities and protections may be able to resist the first 2 curses, there is no known counter-curse for the Killing Curse.
All 3 curses are cast by pointing your wand at the intended victim and incanting the proper spell word.
Imperius Curse - spell word "Imperio". Result -the caster then has total control over the actions of the victim.
Cruciatius Curse - spell word "Crucio". Result - the curse causes almost unbearable pain for the victim.
Killing Curse - spell word "Avada Kedavra". Result - the curse results in a flash of brilliant green light and a rushing sound, and the instant death of the victim.