Thursday, January 22, 2009

Snitch pouch



The latest assignment for our Flying class is a pouch with a snitch on it.

Well, actually, the original pattern calls for 1 snitch. Mine has 4. Done in color strand work. Mostly. The shadows on the wings are done in intarsia. I had a limited amount of those yarns, so I cut lengths of yarn that would accommodate the number of stitches needed and used a separate strand for each snitch.

I also had to make a couple of adjustments to the pattern. Because I had to work within the limits of the yarn I already owned, I did add black borders to the top & bottom of the body. I also had to make the top part shorter - again because I didn't have enough yarn to complete the number of rows called for.

I am happy with the result. I'll be lining the bag and it will be used to store DVDs in the van my daughter & son-in-law have. The bright colors will make it easier to spot the bag.

2 comments:

Rocky Moreno said...

Very cool!

Knittingcrone said...

This is Brilliant. Great job!
Jackie